Monday 9 September 2013

Baby T's First Quilt!

So, I was just waaaating for my 19 week ultrasound so that we could finally find out what we were having.....so that I could start sewing the crib bedding and curtains and blankets and such. As you saw in one of my previous posts, we are having a boy! So that night, DB and I browsed through google images of baby boy quilts until we found the color scheme we wanted to go with, rather than a specific theme. This is what we came up with for our color choices:

 
Blue, brown and green.....


 
And some flannel for fitted sheets....(I will post pics and the awesome YouTube tute. I used for them on a later post)
 
 
So I took a few pictures of that first one above with all the quilting cottons, to see how the colors went together, etc., and in the end, I decided to just stick with the one panel and the brown dotted flannel for the background and batting. Once I had my 'quilt sandwich' together, I tried to free motion quilt the images on the panel and boy oh boy that was a disaster! SO! I decided to hand quilt my very first quilt, and I thought how fitting, my first hand quilted project would be for my first born son. Something I will definitely keep in our chest once he is outgrow in :). This is the end result after only a few weeks...








 
I have to say, I'm pretty impressed! It was a joy making this for my son and I can't wait to see him all wrapped up in it! 
 
 (Go You Tube!!)
 
 

The striped print that was originally attached to the panel, I will be using that one for the crib dust ruffle, and the blue, green and brown solids will be for the curtains. And then I have some wooden wall decals and other various nursery items in the giraffe/lion/monkey theme that I will be decorating his room with :D! I can't wait!!

 I would LOVE to hear what your first hand quilted project was and how it went for you! Please feel free to post comments!

Always,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment